EDC Las Vegas Postponed Due to High Winds [UPDATE]June 10th, 2012 ⋅ News ⋅ by jordan ⋅ 1,480 Views
Sources from Digilove at Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas and Insomniac have confirmed that sometime before 1am, Insomniac was forced to shutdown certain carnival rides at the festival and eventually closed entry temporarily until winds subsided. Due to the winds, certain stage props and lighting were swaying from 50 mph gusts causing many bigger stages to be temporarily shut down as well. Insomniac’s EDC Las Vegas twitter feed gives us the latest insight to the immediate situation.
@EDCLasVegas: Due to high winds, we are temporarily halting all entry to EDC LasVegas. Fans inside, head to the grand stands. This is for your safety.
Markus Schulz just confirmed on his Facebook page that he is now playing on the only open stage at EDC. He posted the following picture with the caption, “Back out playing at EDC, at the only open stage. Let’s do this.”:
Armin van Buuren announced on the ASOTLV radio show, streaming live from EDC, that Markus Schulz had been called back to one of the stages to start setting up. Apparently there are plans to re-open one of the stages.
The Insomniac website has released the following statement regarding high winds at EDC:
With approximately 90,000 fans who have cleared the turnstiles as of 1am tonight, Insomniac, the producer of Electric Daisy Carnival, Las Vegas asked fans to calmly head to the stands of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway as high-winds posed a possible threat to fan safety.
At approximately 1am. Insomniac, in conjunction with public safety officials, made the decision to temporarily halt the show while an evaluation on wind conditions was made.
“Fan safety is Insomniac’s highest priority. We cannot control Mother Nature and we are taking every precaution while high winds continue, and have cleared the stage areas temporarily as a preventative measure,” said Pasquale Rotella, founder and CEO of Insomniac. “We are asking fans to be patient inside and outside the venue while we evaluate the weather conditions.”
As winds are being assessed a final decision on the status of the production is pending.
We will keep you updated as soon as more information comes through and hope everyone stays safe during this time.